Lambert’s realisation, tough master plan and the return of the AWOL duo?
Aston Villa have 14 dropped points out of the last available 15, and play a style of football that a non-league team would be embarrassed about and we played off the park by Swansea in terms of possession, but hey, there’s still reasons to be cheerful as Villa fans…
1. Well, the four-game losing streak has been broken. If Villa had lost again, then the knives would have really been out and a toxic atmosphere would have been created. Still one point from 15, isn’t exactly cheery stuff.
2. “The game is about putting the ball into the net” – Lambert after the game. Excellent, he’s finally worked it out. Villa can surely kick-on big time from now on! With this realisation, a top-half finish is pretty much guaranteed now.
3. ‘We are only 18 months into our project, I knew the first few years would be tough.’ – Paul Lambert after the game. Well, that’s ok then, isn’t it? But surely, if you knew it was going to be tough, why didn’t you act accordingly? You know, sort out a decent midfield etc. Just a thought.
4. Christian Benteke and Ron Vlaar are closer to their returns. Although the silence of a proper time frame for their return is worrying. If they come back for the Sunderland game, that’ll surely give the team and fans a real lift going into the new year. Lets at least get some kind of 2014 unbeaten run going.
5. The Villa fans were behind the team during the game. Of course, you have a right to boo at the end of the game, since you’ve paid hard-earned cash to watch players paid fortunes serve up dross.